There are several reasons to consider traveling to Botswana during the summer months, or “green season”.
- Scenically, it’s the most beautiful. The bush is teeming with life and the landscape a sea of vibrant colors.
- During the rainy season, there’s a bumper crop of grass. Grass is the key to sustaining herbivores like antelope and their newborn offspring.
- Predator activity is heightened since many grazers have young following behind them.
- The rains bring an abundance of birds to the region as the migrants arrive, increasing the number of species to more than 450. It’s mating season so colorful plumage and courtship displays are sure to please everyone.
- Crowds are fewer and the prices during the “green season” are the best of the year!
Reefs to Rockies works with a collection of properties in Botswana, all of which are easily accessible from Maun, Kusane, Victoria Falls, and Livingstone airports.
- Chobe River Front, Savuti, and Chobe National Park
- Okavango Delta (the world’s largest inland delta)
- Moremi Game Reserve
- Linyanti Wildlife Reserve
- Central Kalahari
- Makgadikgadi Pans (the world’s largest salt pans)
- Nxai Pans
Six-night itineraries start at $1950 per person based on double occupancy. Let us plan your ultimate green season escape to Botswana. More details can be found at http://reefstorockies.com/destinations/botswana/. It’s worth packing your poncho for!