Rainforest to Reef - Bocawina and Tobacco Caye
Enjoy the best of both worlds! Embark on a journey that takes you from the pristine tropical rainforest of Mayflower Bocawina National Park to a secluded island on the Belize Barrier Reef. The Rainforest & Reef Explorer combines two off‐the‐grid locations‐ Bocawina Rainforest Resort and Tobacco Caye Paradise.
BOCAWINA RAINFOREST RESORT
This unique eco‐resort is located in the Southern Maya Mountains, within a 7000 acre national park and adjacent to the world famous 100,000 acre Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve. Bocawina offers the longest zipline adventure in Belize, five different waterfalls, unexcavated Mayan ruins, and a multitude of bird species and wildlife. Wake up to the sounds of birds overhead, and experience the first light of the day emerging through the jungle mist.
- 3 nights in a Mayan room Bocawina Rainforest Resort
- Welcome drink & all meals
- Free wi‐fi access
- Your choice of two of the following guided excursions/activities: ziplining, waterfall rappelling, birding, hiking & more!
- Round-trip transfers between Dangriga and Bocawina Rainforest Resort
TOBACCO CAYE PARADISE
Tobacco Caye is a location unlike any other along the Belize Barrier Reef; a small family‐owned lodge where you can relax on your deck in a hammock overlooking turquoise tropical seas. Home to 30 year‐round residents, this palm‐fringed, five-acre island is part of the South Water Caye Marine Reserve – a 117,878 acre marine wonderland for snorkelers and paddlers.
- 3 nights in an over‐the‐water cabana
- All meals
- World class walk‐in snorkeling from the beach
- Unlimited use of sea kayaks, snorkel sets, and stand up paddle boards
- Round-trip transfers between Dangriga and Tobacco Caye
- A variety of optional guided excursions are available upon request. Additional fees apply.
Pricing from: $1199* per person based on double occupancy.
Package includes accommodations, all meals beginning with dinner on Day 1 through breakfast on Day 7, round-trip transfers between Dangriga and both lodges, and activities as listed. A donation to support local conservation efforts will be made on behalf of each participant.
Exclusions: international airfare, transportation to/from Dangriga, passport/visa fees, optional activities, taxis, gratuities, items of a personal nature, and travel insurance.
Please note that this itinerary starts and ends in Dangriga. We are happy to assist with international flights and in-country transportation not included in the itinerary. This sample itinerary is a suggested outline. It can be customized to best suit your travel plans.