The popularity of Costa Rica as a top choice for family vacations continues to grow. Natural wonders, friendly locals, and ease of travel all add to its charm. Here are our top 5 reasons why Costa Rica is a great choice for families. Even if you’ve been there before, there are plenty of reasons to keep going back.
1. Wildlife – In a matter of just a few hours, you can travel though habitats that are home to monkeys, sloths, red-eyed tree frogs, toucans and sea turtles. Stay a week, and that list gets much longer.
2. Adventures – Ziplining, suspension bridges, night hikes, river safaris, waterfall rappelling, mountain biking, and snorkeling. Adventures for kids of all ages can be found in one destination.
3. Landscapes – Rainforests, cloud forests, volcanoes, waterfalls, hot springs, tide pools, bubbling mud pots, and beaches. Everyone in the family is sure to find the perfect place to explore.
4. Lodging – Options ranging from rainforest lodges to resorts and villas meet a variety of budgets while remaining welcoming to families.
5. Safety – One of the safest countries in Central America. Families can feel safe exploring almost any region of the country.
If you’re thinking of Costa Rica as a choice for a family vacation, feel free to contact one of our Costa Rica specialists (ReefsToRockies.com). We’re happy to share our enthusiasm and first-hand knowledge with you.