Did you know that Namibia was the first country in the world to incorporate environmental protection into its constitution? Conservation is a cornerstone of the Namibian experience. Local government has reinforced its commitment by giving communities the opportunity and rights to manage wildlife through communal conservancies. Today, over 40% of Namibia is under conservation management. Currently, Namibia is regarded as “one of the greatest conservation stories ever told”.
The Namibia Tourism Board (http://www.namibiatourism.com.na/) has launched a variety of campaigns to raise awareness of the destination in the North American market. Our favorite? Their Conservation Destination Sweepstakes (http://stories.namibiatourism.com.na/conservation-destination).
This is no ordinary package. The winner and a friend will get to interact with dedicated conservation heroes as they share their life’s work with some of Namibia’s most fascinating animals.
• Two roundtrip airline tickets from New York City with Air Namibia
• 9 nights’ accommodations for two (double occupancy)
• Visit to Cheetah Conservation Fund to feed and work with rescued cheetahs
• Visit to Swakopmund and Walvis Bay
• Visit to Sossusvlei Sand Dunes
• Desert tour of NamibRand Reserve with NaDEET
• Visit Damaraland
• Rhino trekking with Save the Rhino Trust
Hurry — time is running out. The sweepstakes end this Friday, June 1st at 11:59 pm Eastern time. Click here to enter the sweepstakes (http://stories.namibiatourism.com.na/conservation-destination).