Nobody likes to get sick while traveling, but travel enough, and it’s sure to happen. The following is a list of 11 items that should be on everyone’s pack list according to Dr. Richard Wenzel (article originally published in Budget Travel Magazine).
1. Antacids for heartburn and indigestion.
2 and 3. Adhesive bandages and triple antibiotic cream to keep scrapes and cuts from getting infected.
4. Ibuprofen to reduce pain, fever and inflammation.
5. Insect repellent with deet to keep biting insects at bay.
6. Dramamine for motion sickness.
7. Fast-acting (within 30 minutes), anti-diarrheal medication.
8. Antihistamine to treat allergic reactions by biting insects or mild food allergies.
9. Sunscreen to block damaging ultraviolet rays.
10. Prescription antibiotics like Cipro or Zithromax to treat prolonged diarrhea.
11. Maximum strength anti-inflammatory cream to soothe rashes and insect bites.