The months spanning June through November correspond to the rainy season in Costa Rica. However, unlike the four season we have here in the US, Costa Rica only has two seasons (1: Dry Season from December to May and 2: Rainy or “Green” Season). If given the choice between the two, we recommend traveling during Costa Rica’s Green Season.
1. Lower prices, fewer tourists, and better availability. The dry season corresponds to the peak travel season so accommodation pricing goes up, availability goes down, and crowds go up.
2. When it’s raining, it’s not usually raining everywhere at the same time. Rain patterns in Costa Rica are somewhat predictable so you can plan locations and/or activities around it.
3. It can get hot in the tropics and a rain shower can cool things down, making for a more comfortable setting.
4. Rain doesn’t mean you have to cancel activities. In fact, getting wet may make the adventure that much more memorable!
5. If you don’t go now, you may miss out on some of the reasons why Costa Rica is such a great destination – lush green rainforests and abundant wildlife. Animals often become very active after rain so you’re more likely to see Costa Rica’s charismatic wildlife, monkeys, sloths, frogs, birds, etc. then.
If you have any questions about travel to Costa Rica in either season, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help you plan an unforgettable tropical adventure. Pura vida!